Village of Biron Logo   451 Kahoun Road
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494



Introduction to Voting Accessibility

Getting Assistance with Registering and Voting

If you need help marking your ballot on Election Day, you may take anyone you choose with you into the voting booth, except your employer or your labor union representative. After you have marked your ballot, the person helping you must then sign the ballot in the space provided. Also, the election workers will write the name of your assistor on the voting list. Your assistor does not need to be qualified to vote.

You can also request help with the accessible voting equipment. Anyone who helps you with a direct-recording electronic accessible voting machine (Edge, iVotronic, Populex or Accuvote) should position themselves behind the machine so that they cannot see how you vote. They are allowed to explain how the equipment works but cannot assist you with making your ballot choices.

You can also have an assistant when completing a voter registration application or absentee application. After completing the application, the assistor must then sign the form in the appropriate box and provide any additional required information. Explaining how to complete the form is not “assistance".

Since 2011, voters in Wisconsin are required to sign the poll list before receiving a ballot. You are exempt from this requirement if you cannot sign the poll list because of physical disability. The election inspectors will write “exempt by order of inspectors” in the signature line and issue you a ballot.

To find the location of your polling place, view a sample ballot, check the status of your voter registration or find contact information for your municipal clerk go toProof of Residence. Curbside voting is also available during the in-person absentee voting period. Persons who would like to vote curbside are encouraged to contact the municipal clerk beforehand to discuss how to initiate the process upon arrival at the voting location.



Elections Home
Proof of Residency
Driver's License, SSN, or State ID Number
WI Application for Absentee Ballot
WI Voter Registration Application
How to Run for Office
Voter Registration FAQs
New Free State ID Card Policy for People Without Birth Certificates
Uniform Instructions for WI Absentee Voters
4 Ways to Register
Wisconsin Voter ID Law
Voting by Absentee Ballot
Become a Poll Worker
Election Security
I'm a college student. Where do I vote?
Introduction to Voting Accessibility
Voting in the Village of Biron
What Does a Wisconsin Election Inspector Do?


Biron Wisconsin ©
Designed & Powered by